IUSD broke ground on Loma Ridge Elementary School, the District’s soon-to-be 24th elementary school, which is expected to open August 2019. This state-of-the-art education facility will serve the Portola Springs neighborhood in north Irvine.
Continuing IUSD’s tradition of excellence, Loma Ridge features include:
- State-of-the-art classrooms and multipurpose room
- Collaborative commons with flexible learning spaces and furniture to support large and small group instruction, collaboration and more individualized attention for students
- Kindergarten classrooms and play area connected to the administration building
- Dedicated music rooms
- Design and innovation labs
- Science labs
- Library/media center
- Lunch and play areas, as well as play fields
- Outdoor learning and collaboration spaces
During the groundbreaking ceremony, IUSD Board of Education Members Paul Bokota, Lauren Brooks, Betty Carol, Ira Glasky and Sharon Wallin were joined by Superintendent Terry L. Walker, Loma Ridge Principal Jenna Berumen, IUSD staff, the Irvine Unified Council PTA, Mayor Wagner and other City of Irvine officials, the Irvine Company, and community representatives.